These mini blueberry banana muffins aren’t just baby-approved they’re mom + dad-approved too!
Baby approved ingredients!
Naturally sweetened with banana and apple sauce, these mini muffins are perfect for little ones under one year, but sweet enough that toddlers and older kids will enjoy them too. They’re made with almond and oat flour, making them gluten-free and more filling than a traditional muffin, with a slightly loose crumb that won’t leave a mushy chunk of muffin stuck to the top of your baby’s mouth. A looser crumb also helps your little one break the muffin apart on their own, which is a bonus for baby lead weaning.
We love topping these muffins with nut butter for a little extra nutrient boost.
I’ve tested these muffins with regular eggs, flax eggs and chia eggs, all work well, so feel free to use what you have on hand or whichever option fits your lifestyle!
How to make a flax or chia egg
Use ground flaxseed or chia seed (I grind mine in my coffee grinder)
1 tbsp ground flax or chia + 3 tbsp water = 1 egg
Why wild blueberries?
I like to use wild blueberries in this recipe because they’re sweeter and smaller than regular blueberries and lend themselves well to mini muffins.
Here’s your grocery list for these tasty mini muffins!
- Ripe Bananas
- Eggs (or ground chia or flax for a vegan egg option)
- Apple Sauce
- Vanilla Extract
- Frozen Wild Blueberries
- Almond Flour
- Oat Flour
- Baking Soda
Mini Blueberry Banana Muffins
Plant-Based | Dairy-Free | Gluten-Free | Baby-Approved
Makes 24 Mini Muffins
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a mini muffin tray
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl mash the banana with a fork, then add the remaining wet ingdredients, except the blueberries
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl and stir to combine
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in the frozen blueberries.
- Fill the muffin tin 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 15 to 20 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle of one of the muffins.